5.18.2009

My Peachy Weekend

I ended up having a really nice weekend! Really early Saturday morning my brother dropped off his son, G, for the weekend. My parents, myself and all the kids got ready and headed to Queen Creek's Peach Festival at Schnepf's Farm. We didn't arrive til 10am so it was already heating up, but it was still loads of fun! We went straight to the Carousel. Longest carousel of my life! The kids sure enjoyed it, but I get nauseous on those things! Next up was the Pony Rides! Alexis was so excited since horses are her favorite animal (I guess pony's will do just as good)! Lily was as well and at first G was not sure, but ended up riding the pony. Josiah was not interested at all...all he wanted was something to drink! They all loved it and I got some cute pics! I almost didn't get any pics because i dropped my phone and my lens bent and I had to really work at it to get it fixed. I was really worried! I was just so happy that I had bought the warrenty! All worked out though & i fixed it! YAY!












After the pony express we headed to the play area. We got to sit in the shade while the kids played. It was just getting hotter so I was shocked how long they were able to play.
We started to smell something really yummy so we headed to the food area. They were cooking pancakes with peaches, they looked SO yummy! & the line was SO long! I ended up just getting some nachos and the kids got some homemade peach ice cream. It was DELICIOUS!
The kids had a good time checking out this pond and looking at hte fish and tadpoles!

We almost took the Train ride, but it was $3/person and I thought that was a little much!

We had to walk down to the other side of the farm to get to the Hayride that took us to pick peaches. We stopped by the sun flowers, they were so pretty!











We had to wait awhile to get on the hayride, sitting in the sun. That was not much fun, but once we got on it took us for a ride and we got to feel some cool breeze!














We had fun picking peaches!It was even funner going to get italian ice before heading back to the car with A/C! We were there for 3 hours and by the time we left it hit 101 degrees!


We went to lunch at Chipotle, my sister drove up to visit with all the kids and we swam the rest of the day! We had a blast!













Image and video hosting by TinyPic

2 comments:

  1. I'd call that a PERFECT day!
    I love peach ice cream and can't even remember the last time I had some. What a good Mom & Aunt you are. Love the photos of the kids. Great memories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now, that looks like a good time!

    ReplyDelete