Goals for last week:
- Prepare my foods for home cooked meals: I could probably do better with this, but no one can change over night. It is a learning process and I am progressing!
- Jazzercise: I did go...only twice this week.
- Run 3-4x/wk: I ran 3 times this week. Monday we did 3 miles, Tuesday we did 4.5 miles and on Sunday 3.1 miles! Look at me, I am turning into a runner!
- 5K April 7th: This is why I am excited!! My friend and I did a 5K on Saturday, it was her 1st and my 2nd (my 1st was over 2 years ago). We ran for Prayer Child, it is their 2nd annual race and still quite small (about 70 runners). It is a wonderful organization geared to help children with special needs. I was so blessed to have raised money for them, knowing the money was going to someone who really needed it. Right before they started the race they had a family share their story, and then they handed them a check for $1000! I ran the 3.1 miles in 37:09 minutes, a pace of 11:58 minute per mile. We timed our first mile though and we did it a 9:50 min. My faster..EVER! I sure paid for it though and slowed down the last 2 miles. But I kept going and I finished and after I caught my breath and drank some water I was ready to enjoy my victory! We might not have won a medal but we accomplished something and that means way more to me! Plus..there's always next time!!
|Our matching outfits to STAND OUT!|
|After we crossed the finish line!|
- Make at least one new healthy meal this week, and I will post it!
- Run twice this week, I want take it easy.
- Sign up for our next 5K